If you missed Inmagic’s January webinar you can still see a special preview of the newest release in the Inmagic Genie family: GeniePlus, with capabilities including:
- Comprehensive serials control with e-resource management
- Integrated acquisitions with cost tracking and budgetary control
- True authority control with full thesauri capabilities
- Flexible and powerful UI for expansive system configuration
- On the fly reporting to Excel and PDF – system wide
- A Unicode foundation for multilingual access
- And new optional capabilities for multi-branch support
In a recent article published on the Image and Data Manager web site, Dan Termale, an executive with Konica Minolta Business Solutions, discussed 4 misconceptions about Information Management:
- Information governance is IT’s responsibility.
- Without an ECM you can’t govern your information.
- Employees always fight change.
- Information Management solutions cost too much.
Dan says “The list of misconceptions goes on of course, but for every misconception there is usually a logical explanation. The key is education. Before you make big decisions and investments on new technologies make sure you have spent enough time planning and learning about the best practices and ways to be successful.” Read More