History Week is a busy time in Victoria for the museum and historical societies, This event organised by the Royal Historical Society of Victoria, aims to provide opportunities to “discover the wonders of Victoria’s past” during the week 16 to 23 October. The Event Calendar of “fascinating walking tours and engaging discussions, to exhibitions and history in the making events” includes events hosted by Maxus clients.
Check out these opportunities to participate and see the work of these organisations including;
- Yarra Ranges Regional Museum : ‘Meet the Makers Open Day’ with makers from all over Yarra Ranges will show how they use thread and textiles to create art, clothing and lasting wearable items.
- Victoria Police Museum: ‘Trace: The secrets behind police technology‘ exhibition focusing on police technology in the past, present and into the future.
- National Vietnam Veterans Museum : Unsung Stories exhibition
- Port Melbourne Preservation Society : Invitation to share memories using the PastPort app
- Stonnington Local History Centre : Tour of the Archives and the “newly set up Resource Room”
- Sale Historical Society : ‘Curatorial talk and walk’
Wishing all our clients a happy History Week!