Inmagic has announced the release of Presto 4.1, jam-packed with new features and enhancements, together with Presto for DB/Text, both with many attractive web publishing features. DB/Text version 14.0 is anticipated for release in the next few weeks.
Presto v4.1 features include:
- Your Home Page can now include a Slide Show web part which will show images for a query from selected content. This feature can also be used to display multiple images in the Detail Screen of individual records.
- RSS Feeds have new and enhanced controls available to specify settings and adjust the “look-and-feel”.
- A new date variable enables canned searches to be created to retrieve recent content in the same way as the current @date function in DB/Text, so you can create a URL link to content added in the past week or month and use this as an alert.
- ‘Download as CSV’ is now available from most search result and display screens. You can also export records in CSV as well as XML formats.
- New option for Crawl Job Definitions allows you to specify events to be logged, for example to enable an RSS feed of new content.
Some useful features in Presto v4.0, which was released in early December, include:
- “Look-and-feel” of tag clouds and comments improved
- Enhanced and increased flexibility of screen design
- Access to Screens and Views is now able to be assigned to individual Roles
- Multiple images and files in any field
- Automatic generation of thumbnails for images and PDFs
A summary of Presto for DB/Text key features are outlined in Inmagic’s blog post